Name: Sissi Yuqi Chen
House hold registration
Place of birth: Shanghai
Landline: 86-21 55960078
Cell phone: 86- 13671759238 86-15026551262
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2007 – 2010: RMIT university, Melbourne Australia
Major in translation and interpreting (Mandarin into English).
Natti: The national accreditation authority for translators and interpreters Australia professional level interpreter
l Proficient in any office computer skills
l Fluent in English, Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
l Chinese and Australian Driver’s license.
Long term translation clients:
- Wilson tennis
- Jacobs’s creek Australia
- Fortune 500 American company Kenexa
- German Rasch interior deco
INTERPRETING ASSIGNMENTS: (APRIL 2011-PRESENT)
1． Shanghai Baokang children with cp condition clinic Dolphin bay mutual support society
2． Dolphin bay mutual support society
3． Love shopping club marketing seminar
4． Lake Charles manufacturing
5． Shanghai Qihe Laboratory ware
6. Business trip to Hangzhou, clxi, with American clients factory inspections and negotiations (clothing, hat wears, accessories)
7. Wholesales jewels inspections and negotiations in shanghai with Australian client
8. Business trip to Chengdu, Xian, Hohhot, Beijing with ASAP fluids factory lab inspections negotiations. (Chemicals)
9. Business negotiation for Canadian clients in Shanghai, (medical field) and Sanya travel guide.
10. America Keystone automotive marketing research n business negotiation in shanghai
11. American client’s business trip to Beijing, “Bvlgari jewelry show” in National museum, also tour around Beijing, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Wangfujing.
12. Business trip with clients from New Zealand to Tai Zhou for plastic exhibition.
13. Business trip with clients from Australia to Suzhou, wholesale bridal and wedding houses.
14. Business Interpreting and marketing research for British company at Guangda conference center, Pu dong Shanghai.
15. Business trip to America: New York, Miami, L.A and Las Vegas.
16. German clients research in gold precious metal market in china,
17 USA clients NEWGATE TECNOLOGY visiting clients, marketing research office setting。
18. Business trip to Suzhou, with Newgate technology America
19. SEC solution USA, training class in sales marketing, real time interpreter.
20. German homburg clients business trip in shanghai interview on
21) Business trip to Haining with Dutch client on solar power energy.
22. BUSINESS MEETING INTERPRETING FOR CANADIAN CLIENT WINTERS INSTRUMENTS. (HIGH RANKING STAFF MEETING)
23. BUSINESS TRIP TO SHENZHEN, HONGKONG FOR AMERICAN CLIENT ON COMPANY NEW INVESTMENT PROJECT (LEGAL)
24. Business meeting interpreting for A&V CORP.LIMITED AND PREMEX (Colombian clients) on chemical ingredients and service for nutrition.
25. Trip to USA for legal interpreting for law firm in L.A. (march.2-march-9)
26) American client fruit of the loom, assistance in marketing research with: WALMART, CARFORD, LOTUS, RJ MART, METRO and MAJOR SUPERMARKETS.
27) GERMAN Client (belly design) business trip to Nantong textile factory inspection, quality control. Also a day tour in shanghai seeing famous tourist attractions.
28) American client from Seattle SEE KAI RUN shoe company 5 days working on factory inspection, business negotiation , quality control in leather, fabric, design, product, packaging, Boucher , developing new season new look, national standard for product safety issue. Etc.
29) Dutch shipping company UNIFLEET inspection ships global gemini, global libra and global acquires in Yangzhou, negotiation on compensation regarding on the cancellation of the ships due to the quality issues and PCSC standards based on the contract with the shipyard owner, banker, and broker. (business trip)
30) business trip to RUSSIA with keystone automotive
31) Research sourcing work for Canadian company mike McDowell group on mining machines.
32) Research sourcing work for Australian packer& co investment company on properties in major cities.
33) Business trip with packer&co investment company :
TO: Shenzhen: VANKE REAL ESTATE
CHINA MEDICAL SYSTEM HOLDING LIMITED
Wuhan: NEW WORLD CHANGQING PROPERTY
WUHAN IRON AND STEEL
JOINTOWN PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY
Shanghai: BAOSHAN IRON STEEL
ZPMC ZHENHUA HEAVY INDUSTRY
35) AMERICAN RPI UNVEIRSITY (NEW YORK) ANVANCED personal assistant and interpreter,
Assisting master degree students study tour in shanghai with studying, factory company visiting and tours.(4 weeks on call)
36. Trina solar factory Changzhou business trip
37. American Automotive company’s staff meeting with their Chinese partners.
39) Guangda conference center, trade fair interpreting in heavy machinery industry.
40) American client high end customized tailoring for over 100 garments.
41) Business trip to Hangzhou (electronics)
42) Business trip to Changzhou(transformer)
43) Business trip to Wuxi(pharmaceutical company)
44) BUSINESS TRIP WITH CANADIAN CLIENT AUTOMATE TANK MANUFACTURING INC TO : 1.SHANXI PROVICE: Factory inspection and business negotiation with sunrise industrial co.ltd(flanges)
45. Shanghai Changhao high pressure pipefitting co.ltd
46. Shanghai Metal Corporation
47. Zhuji city Yanfeng valve manufacturing Co Ltd
48. Nantong Hengte Tube Co., Ltd.
49. SHANGHAI DENGQI SCREW FASTNER CO.LTD
50. SHANGHAI HUAONG VALVE CO.LTD
51. SHANGHAI SHENHUA STEEL TUBE CO., LTD.
52. SHANGHAI PUDONG PEARL MARKET SHOPPING ASSISTANT FOR MR JOE BOWSER’S SHOPPING ASSISTANCE IN SHANGHAI.
53. GERMAN CLIENT, DIETER BELLMAN, SECOND YEAR OF WORKING TOGETHER IN SHANGHAI DEALING GOLD COINS AND PERCIOUS METALS.
54. U.S CLIENT ATTENDING vulcanizate TRADE FAIR in Shanghai, also accompanied client to the fold event maser cup, making restaurant reservation and day tour in shanghai.
55. Pharmaceutical company BAYER and local pharmaceutical company green, company executives and medical technicians meeting on co-operating and purchasing new drug formula.
56. Working 3 days for American client on new product “lipobelt”, business trip to Suzhou, a week research work before client arrives on printing, packaging, packing, warehouse, logistic, contacting manufacturer, making appointments, making reservations for hotel, restaurant, etc.
57. Meeting between shanghai Difei electromechanical technology company and Italian AMI on purchasing products, future co operation partnership.
58. Business trip to Qingdao with German client visiting marine biological research center. (3days)
59. Wine and spirit trade fair at SNIEC, working for western Australian company.
60. China corrugated box industrial expo.
61. The shanghai international automobile industrial expo
62. Indian clients meet Shanghai Yicheng steel company for price negotiation and warehouse inspection.
63. Business trip with clients Pathfinder Brazil to Haining for promotion on wet blue leather.
64. Leather trade fair MICAM SHANGHAI with Brazilian clients at Shanghai exhibition center, representing Brazilian shoe brand: Dumond assistance in finding distributors in Asia. (5days)
65. Cycle show at the Shanghai Exhibition Center, working for British company TACTIC for 4 days interpreting for the show.
66. Business trip with British client to Changzhou, visiting suppliers. flooring industry.
67. American client (second year) high end customized tailoring for over 100 garments.
68. Mobile Asia Expo at the Shanghai pudong exhibition center,M.C of the show for opening ceremony.
69. Working for Volkswagen NEW CC test drive event,(from bund to dushui lake)press conference at the HYATT on the bund.(4 days)
70. Working for South Afrian clients at the 21st shanghai international ad &sign technology and equipment exhibition and airport pick up(3 days)
71.shareholders conference with SAIC motor and Hongkong Daiwa securities group inc.
72. Working at Automotive testingexpo 2013,interpreting for Shanghai Quanyou refrigeration equipment eng.co.ltd.
73.Amweican client keystone automotive,(third time workworking together)visiting potential clients n introuding products to china market(2days)
Testimonial from My clients:
1. Sissi was very helpful as a translator and guide during my stay in Shanghai. I had business with a regional client, and Sissi’s real-time translation to English allowed me to follow everything in the meeting. Also, she provided me some useful phrases to use during my leisure time, as well as some helpful tips for using taxis, picking restaurants, and enjoying nightlife.”
Matt, consultant, USA
2. Sissi was a very good interpreter, she was most helpful and was able to translate my requests to Traders very well. She was well dressed and neat and arrived on time at my hotel.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Sissi to anyone requiring a guide/translator in the future for both business and leisure travel.
I will certainly be passing on her name to all of my clients from Australia.
Huon Travel & Cruise
3. Just wanted to send you a note to thank Sissi for her excellent work done while my business trip to Shanghai in September 2011. She is very helpful and professional, did assist me to arrange all my meetings and convey the message of my company.
A & V Corp. Ltd.
Tel: +86 592 2113898
Fax: +86 592 2113868
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
CLIENT’S REFERAL MR Hardik Soni,
5. Hi, I am writing to you to give a reference for a young lady in Shanghai who I have engaged as a “Tour Guide” and “Interpreter” on previous business trips to China. I have always found Sissi to be very professional in all of our dealings. I have no hesitation in recommending her and her Company to all of my clients and I will continue to do so as I have received excellent feedback,
I would suggest that if you are seeking assistance in your forthcoming visit to China then Sissi would be the best choice for you
If you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me.
Director Huon Travel & Cruise
汪虹光 （Tim ) 13998818633
Winters Instruments (Shanghai) Inc.
Sissi is an excellent interpreter in Chinese and English. Because she was raised in Shanghai, China but spent ages 12 through early 20’s in attending school and college Australia and living with an Australian family, she is knowledgeable and experienced in Chinese and Western cultures and protocol. In addition to strong people skills, Sissy is very bright, dependable, and insightful. Thus, she can convey the right message in the proper and appropriate manner as well as using the right terms. I strongly recommend her as an interpreter.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me. My U.S. direct office and cell numbers are (310) 281-3288 and (808) 258-3383, respectively. Thank you.
Very truly yours,
Sissi was very helpful with my dealings in China, communication was not a problem and i am pleased to say that my business now has a very good working relationship with my main supplier in Shenzhen.
Her education in Australia puts her at the forefront of interpreting in my opinion, it was important for me to have the translation relayed back to me clearly and without misunderstanding. Sissy accomplished all of this for me.
9. To whom it may concern:
Sissi was our interpreter for 4 days on our recent trip to Shanghai and shoe factories there. She was a great help to my colleagues and I with translation. What was also very helpful was her understanding of the situation that many times it is different cultures coming together and working together and that in itself can be a challenge.
She is very good at understanding the nuances in people’s reactions and behaviors that are beyond language.
Sissi’s English is also very good which we appreciated very much.
Throughout the time we spent together she was fun and kind and patient.
Also, she was able to pick up our specific footwear related problems and footwear manufacturing terminology which is impressive as it can be very specific.
So, I feel she is very good at learning about a new topic quickly.
Nuria Hansen | Director of Product Development | See Kai Run
In May 2012 Sissi accompanied our investment team to a number of major cities in China and successfully interpreted over a dozen meetings with some of China’s largest public companies. Sissi’s interpreting style was considered and analytical. Sissi was very willing to prepare for any meetings which involved unusual or technical vocabulary. She has a strong understanding of western culture, having spent many years living in Australia, which significantly enhanced her ability to communicate complex issues. Sissi has a bubbly personality and added significant color to our trip.
11. Guten Tag Sissi.
Ich bin vor kurzem aus Shanghai zurück und wollte mich noch einmal ganz herzlich bei dir
für die gute Arbeit bedanken.
Mit meinem letzten Übersetzer war ich ja nicht so glücklich, daher bin ich froh dich noch in Shanghai gefunden zu haben sonst wären meine Geschäfte wohl nicht so gut gelaufen.
Deine Bekleidung war sehr angemessen und auch deine Tipps haben mir sehr geholfen,
also ich würde mich freuen dich auch beim nächsten mal wieder buchen zu können.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen